Tattered Family Quilt
'90% of the stuff I do is original. Songs about life as I see it. The other 10%? Covers of songs by my songwriting heroes. Like John Gorka, James Taylor, Patty Larkin, Stan Rogers and the like. I also love traditional ballads from the British Isles and Appalachia. And lately I've been getting into bottleneck slide guitar, and been writing in that genre. Eclectic? You could say that.' D.P. makes his words&music records debut with an extremely intimate look at life. As he explains in the CD's liner notes 'What started out as an attempt to finally document some of the songs I've written over the past 20 years turned into something entirely more personal. After recording a number of tracks with no grand album concept in mind, a pattern began to emerge: a patchwork of songs about family, places we lived (and events we lived through), and some of the people we met on the way.' Recorded throughout 2001 at Raven Recording in Englewood, Colorado, tattered family quilt is a heartfelt, funny, profound, and quirky document of what it's like to be a dreamer, father and part-time wannabe poet in the early years of the 21st Century. 'Sometimes serious, sometimes just plain silly, if you had to categorize my style, you probably couldn't. When asked, I usually just say I write and perform 'original songs & roots-style acoustic blues.' Perhaps the best description for what I do is: File under: Not of Top 40 radio.